NDA H.E.A.L.T.H. N.O.W.
- Place mixed-use (dental, health & vision) mobile clinics initially in underserved area of New York City, Chicago, New Orleans, Dallas & San Francisco Oakland.
- Serve children, senior citizens and others without access to health care;
- Increase health care access, reduce disparities, increase health literacy and promote prevention in underserved and vulnerable populations, all through public-private partnerships;
- 315 hospitals in targeted cities identified AS PARTNERS & 13 HBCU’s as research partners;
Each mobile clinic will cost $550,000
- Expand and enhance efforts to raise patient and public policy maker awareness of the urgent need for dental care in underserved and African American communities;
- Increase awareness that dental screenings can detect such serious health problems as oral cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, acid reflux and heart disease;
- Provide higher quality and greater quantity of care for persons living in underserved areas through enhanced community partnerships with local level volunteer dental, medical & vision care professionals and hospitals;
- Enhance efforts to increase access, eliminate disparities, increase health literacy and promote prevention in underserved and vulnerable populations, focusing on children, the elderly and racial & ethnic minorities;
Fund outreach programming of approximately $200,000
- Increase the number of underrepresented minorities in dentistry
- Develop education endowments and funds to provide financial assistance to students;
- Meet the demand for new dental professionals in underserved communities;
- Increase support and training in business and practice development to members in transition from dental student to dental professional;
- Provide opportunities to members and students for leadership training and business networking.
Fund portion of student scholarship endowment with naming opportunity $75,000
NDA Board to apply donation to Association greatest need