The University of Iowa’s College of Dentistry is conducting a search for the Assistant/Associate Dean of Clinics. This is a full-time clinical or tenure-track faculty position at the Associate Professor or Professor level. Major responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership for the clinic operations, quality of patient care, and clinical education. Direct reporting areas include sterilization, infection control, clinic scheduling, patient complaint management, social services, patient records, and faculty general practice operations.
- Demonstrate solid leadership in innovation, teaching, change management and financial management.
- Member of the Dean’s administrative team.
- Collaborate with DEO’s to implement solutions and strategic initiatives balancing unique clinics needs with standardized solutions to benefit of our patients and clinical education programs.
- Establish effective workflow and quality assurance solutions to promote positive patient and student experiences.
- Provide Collegiate clinical compliance oversight through administration of credentialing, privileging, licensing, HIPAA, and patient safety/infection control standards.
- Liaison and constituency with Iowa Dental Board, Delta Dental Insurance, University Hospitals & Clinics, and University General Counsel’s office. Engage in service activities at both collegiate and national levels.
- Actively participate in faculty practice plan.
- Cultivates an environment of inclusion and respect for all students, faculty, and staff.
Position available June 30, 2023; screening begins immediately. Applicants must have: DDS/DMD from CODA-accredited institution OR equivalent dental degree and advanced training from a CODA-accredited institution; eligible for license/faculty permit to practice dentistry in the State of Iowa issued by the Iowa Dental Board and successful credentialing; prior experience directing an academic or clinical program; minimum of 3 years administrative experience in a dental clinical environment; and record of actively fostering a climate that values and engages diversity in all its forms to enliven and make more inclusive the work of the college. Desirable qualifications include: administrative leadership experience resulting in successful implementation of change management solutions, quality improvement, and modernized patient care strategies; demonstrated financial acumen and budget management experience; experience deploying health technologies, specifically customer facing Employee Health Record (EHR); experience working with Organized Dentistry (ex. Dental Association, Iowa Dental Board, etc.); and certified in quality improvement techniques such as Lean, Six Sigma, Scrum or equivalent. Academic rank, track, and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Learn more and/or apply at Jobs@UIowa at https://jobs.uiowa.edu/faculty/view/74699, reference Req #74699.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preferences.