East Carolina University
Assistant Dean for Admissions
Vacancy #: 002070
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with Qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The School of Dental Medicine is composed of ten administrative offices and four academic departments. The Administrative units include the Offices of the Dean, Vice Dean, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Associate Dean for Research, Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Associate Dean for Extramural Clinical Practices, Assistant Dean for Dental Education and Informatics, Assistant Dean for Educational Support and Faculty Development, Assistant Dean for Academic Success and the Assistant Dean for Business Operations and Financial Affairs. The four academic departments are Surgical Sciences, Pediatric Dentistry, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, General Dentistry and Foundational Sciences.
Included in the mission of the School of Dental Medicine is to educate dental care providers (both dental students and dental residents) and to address the oral health care needs of the underserved population of North Carolina. The School of Dental Medicine meets these missions by operating dental clinics that provide both educational experiences for the dental students and residents and provides dental care to the residents of North Carolina. These clinics occur in both Ross Hall in Greenville, North Carolina, as well as Community Service-Learning Centers located throughout North Carolina. In order to operate these clinics, appropriate dental auxiliaries and clinical staff are needed.
The Assistant Dean for Admissions (AD-A) is responsible for the recruitment, admission, and matriculation of a student body that possesses a passion to serve as dentist-leaders in rural and underserved communities across the State of North Carolina. The AD-A ensures appropriate linkages between the admissions, recruitment, and enrollment processes and the vision, mission and strategic priorities of the School of Dental Medicine. The AD-A works collaboratively with other members in the Office of Student Affairs and reports to the Associate Dean for Student Affairs (AD-SA). The AD-A provides leadership and mentoring for the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Coordinator and student workers.
The AD-A position encompasses teaching and administrative responsibilities. Teaching effort will be 35% and administration effort will be 65%.
Specific duties include:
- Working with the Director of Admissions in overseeing the recruitment activities and admissions operations for the DMD program.
- Providing oversight for the Preparing Tomorrows’ Dentists pathway program.
- Developing additional recruitment programs focused on increasing the numbers and quality of applications from mission-aligned students; and investigating grants and other funding resources for supporting these programs.
- Providing general operational oversight for the DMD admissions process, conducting preliminary review of all applications, and serving as Chair of the Admissions Committee.
- Supporting the AD-SA and participating in programs and activities for enrolled students.
- Representing the SoDM in interfacing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively participating in faculty roles such as teaching, scholarly pursuits and providing patient care, and contributing broadly to the mission of the SoDM.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean for Student Affairs or the Dean of the SoDM.
- Fixed term or tenure track position is available at the title/rank of Assistant Professor or higher.
- Contingent upon available funding.
- The AD-A works closely with the AD-SA and other administrative team members including department chairs, vice dean, associate/assistant deans, program directors, and University and System colleagues.
- DDS or DMD degree from CODA-accredited institution or equivalent, or doctoral degree in discipline within the SoDM.
- Eligibility for faculty appointment within SoDM.
- Minimum of three years of full-time experience in dental education.
- License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation.
- Eligibility for dental licensure in North Carolina
- Experience in admissions and/or student affairs
- Special Instructions to Applicant
- At the time of employment two to three original letters of reference, official transcripts, a criminal background check, and proper documentation of identity and employability are required.
Applicants must complete a candidate profile by creating an account (see “Create Account” by following the link) online via the PeopleAdmin system (www.jobs.ecu.edu)
Letters of reference submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system will be verified and considered for meeting this requirement.
As part of the screening process, the references provided may be contacted.
For letters of reference not submitted via the PeopleAdmin applicant tracking system, please have the original signed letters mailed to:
Nancy Blackmon (PN002070)
Employee Support Services
ECU School of Dental Medicine
1851 MacGregor Downs Road
Greenville, NC 27834
Questions can be directed to:
Dr. Zachary Schnoor, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy #002070 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/66372