RankTitle ASSISTANT PROFESSOR – CLINICAL
Position Number 00023357
Location Code 422460000 ORAL DIAGNOSIS/DENTAL SCH/BOX – LSU Dental School Clinic
Location-City New Orleans
School/Division LSUNO DENTISTRY
Department LSUNO Diagnostic Sciences
The Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC) School of Dentistry in New Orleans invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor of oral and maxillofacial radiology in the Department of Diagnostic Sciences. The department has a strong pre-doctoral and dental hygiene radiology curriculum. We are seeking a board certified, or board eligible, oral and maxillofacial radiologist who is an outstanding educator to engage in didactic pre-clinical and clinical instruction for undergraduate dental, dental hygiene and postgraduate (multi-disciplinary) students as well as in research activity. Opportunity to participate in the dental school’s faculty practice is also available.
- Required Education: DDS/DMD
- If Other Required Education, please specify: DDS/DMD or equivalent degree and advanced education in oral and maxillofacial radiology recognized by CODA and American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (ABOMR).
- Discipline: Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Certifications/Licenses Required: Board certification or eligibility in oral and maxillofacial radiology recognized by CODA and ABOMR. Eligible for Louisiana state dental licensure
- Preferred Education: DDS/DMD
- Indicate the preferred experience to perform the job: Experience in teaching and practice of all aspects of oral and maxillofacial radiology is preferred.
Posting Detail Information
- Number of Vacancies 1
Special Instructions Summary
Candidates should submit cover letter, curriculum vitae and a list of three references with online application materials.
LSU Health New Orleans is committed to leveraging diversity as an educational resource and an institutional core value. We seek candidates who will contribute to a climate where students, faculty, and staff of all identities and backgrounds have equitable access and success opportunities. As an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, we welcome all to apply without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About the School/Department
Diagnostic Sciences is a department within the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center (LSUHSC) School of Dentistry in New Orleans. The department consists of oral and maxillofacial pathology, oral and maxillofacial radiology, oral diagnosis and the infectious disease dental clinic.