Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine – Department of General Dentistry
Full-time, Non-tenure Track
Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine (GSDM) invites applications for full-time Clinical Assistant Professor/Clinical Associate Professor position to serve as Director of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology in the Department of General Dentistry.
The department’s vision includes strengthening the transition of students as they progress from pre-clinic to clinic in their educational development. Expectations of the position include:
- Leadership of the School’s Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology (OMFR) Program; Oversight of OMFR faculty and staff and related clinic operations; Involvement in OMFR curricular planning
- Providing didactic and clinical instruction in OMFR to students in pre-and post-doctoral dental educational programs
- Participation in the strategic expansion of current CBCT / 3D imaging and diagnostic services provided by the School
- Oversees the Oral Radiology rotation for DMD3 and AS2 students
- Review of CBCT volumes for patients being treated at GSDM; Analyze and interpret radiographs and write related reports, as requested by students and faculty
- Performing services necessary to implement the educational programs and academic objectives of the department
- Serve as GSDM’s Radiation Safety Officer; Ensure that all clinical operations of the Division of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology and GSDM involving radiologic exposure are conducted in compliance with federal, local laws and University protocols for human and workplace safety
- Additional expectations consist of engagement in service at the department, school and university levels
GSDM, located on the Boston University Medical Campus in Boston’s historic South End, is the premier dental school in Boston serving the needs of a diverse, multicultural patient base. As a leader in the area of digital dentistry, the Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine offers a highly advanced, collaborative learning environment in which teaching, research and community service are uniquely combined to prepare tomorrow’s dental professionals.
The Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine promotes excellence in learning through innovative collaborations, external partnerships, and a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We seek support and promote diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden students’ academic experience and to enrich our campus community. Candidates must be sensitive to the needs of and possess an interest in working in an academic community that is diverse with regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or identity, disability status, age, and protected veteran status.
Boston, the capital of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, is the 21st largest city in the nation and is consistently ranked as one of the best U.S. cities for students with access to world-renowned educational resources, outstanding cultural institutions and major professional sports teams. As the business and educational hub of New England, Boston is a sought-after recruiting ground for international employers. Outstanding transportation resources provide easy access to New England and metro NY/NJ destinations and one of the nation’s busiest international airports is located 15 minutes from central Boston offering direct daily flights to Asia, Europe, the Middle East and other destinations.
- DDS/DMD degree (or equivalent)
- Completed advanced specialty training in a CODA-accredited Advanced Education Program in Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology
- Board certified or board eligible for the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Radiology
- Applicants must be eligible for full or limited dental licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Department Contact for Questions
Electronic responses are preferred.
Ms. Trang Rolles
Assistant Director for Administration
Department of General Dentistry
Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
72 East Concord Street, B-310
Boston Massachusetts, 02118
Interested candidates should review the application requirements below:
- Ink-signed letter of intent
- Statement of present career achievements and future interests
- Complete curriculum vitae
- Names of three professional references holding positions in academia with contact information. Reference letters are not requested at this time
Salary and Rank
Salary and rank commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applicants is ongoing.
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.