Health Education, Assessment and Leadership, Inc. (dba HEALing Community Center), a Federally Qualified Health Center Program based in Atlanta, GA, is seeking a full-time General Dentist.
The Dentist in accordance with established protocols, is primarily responsible for providing dental care for the patients of HEALing Community Center for Oral Health (HCCOH). In addition, the Dentist may be directed to perform other duties as directed by the Dental Director within the requirements of contractual agreements and in accordance with licensing, State and Federal funding agencies and other regulatory requirements, and in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the HEALing Community Center Board of Directors. The person in this position will coordinate and navigate dental care, advocate for oral health, and motivate and assist people to prevent dental and oral disease. Additional duties include outreach activities to patients and families, engage patients with motivational interviewing and goal setting. The Dentist will collaborate and communicate effectively with a multidisciplinary team to effectively coordinate patient care and create a comfortable and exceptional patient experience.
- Diagnose and treat problems with a patient’s teeth, gums, and related parts of the mouth
- Provide instruction on taking care of teeth and gums and on diet choices that affect oral health.
- Perform oral examination of patients, analyze dental health problems, and develop
appropriate treatment plans, in a manner which meets patient care needs as well as
industry and State standards.
- Keeping accurate patient records both EHR and patient oral records (which may need to be used to identify individuals)
- Keeping current with organized dentistry and continuing education practices and CME’s
- Adequately perform all clinical duties within the scope of the general dentistry scope and in compliance with GA law.
- Interest in design and evaluation of efficiency of a dental program in a community health center setting.
- Authoritative knowledge of the practice and techniques of dentistry as a general practitioner in a community health center is highly desirable.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion and economic status.
- D.S. or D.M.D. from an accredited institution
- GA dental license or GA dental License eligible
- Current DEA License
- Current BLS for healthcare or ACLS for healthcare
- Minimal 2 to 5 years clinical experience and advanced dental training preferred
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is helpful
- Familiar with FQHC is preferred
- Must be able to travel various sites if needed.
Benefits: HRSA Student Loan Repayment for eligible Scholars, Medical/Dental/Vision, 401k, ST/LT Disability, Life Insurance.
Interested applicants may submit a resume or CV with Cover Letter to: KDubois@hccatlanta.org.