HealthLinc in a not-for-profit patient centered FQHC in Northern Indiana (https://healthlincchc.org/)
We are seeking a Dentist to join our South Bend, IN clinic.
As a Dentist, you will provide comprehensive and appropriate dental care and treatment to patients. You will also provide supervision to Dental Assistants and Dental Hygienists as assigned and collaborate with other providers and the Chief Dental Officer as needed. This position will work closely with the dental staff and will report to the Chief Dental Officer.
- Provides routine and emergency dental services, including diagnosis and treatment plans, general restorative procedures, crown and bridge construction, removable prosthetics, uncomplicated endodontics and minor oral surgery.
- Initiates and interprets x-ray and lab studies.
- Administers and prescribes anesthetics and medications.
- Refers patients for specialty care to other clinic programs or outside agencies as appropriate.
- Supervises Dental Assistant and Dental Hygienist.
- Conducts follow-up patient care.
- Provides dental and oral health education to patients and families.
- Assists in reviewing clinic productivity, scheduling procedures, and establishing guidelines for care and treatment.
- Teaches and trains patients and staff on illness prevention.
- Assists with in-service and on-going training of clinic staff.
- Builds relationships and fosters a high level of customer service.
- Manages difficult clients and patients, demonstrating interpersonal savvy and influence skills.
- Exercises professional judgment in the performance of services provided consistent with the organization’s policies and the standards of the dental profession.
- Demonstrates high degree of knowledge and competency in the practice of dentistry and associated charting requirements.
- Performs assigned dental tasks using high level of skills and ability.
- Utilizes computers for data entry and information retrieval with proficiency.
- Utilizes and monitors effectiveness and efficiency of all equipment and supplies used in the delivery of services.
- Implements and evaluates operational and administrative processes.
- All HealthLinc staff is committed to engage in quality improvement initiatives that align with and support Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Dental Degree with appropriate licensure to practice in Indiana
- At least 1 year of experience in not-for profit environment (not required but highly preferred)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in interpreting and applying appropriate Dental laws and regulations
- Ability to follow HealthLinc policies and procedures
- Operate a multi-line phone system and other office equipment including printers, fax machines, etc.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Media Dent/Intergy or other dental software, online sources, etc.)
Link to our career site: https://healthlincchc.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1530529&&jbsrc=1025