Together, we share a common ideology. Health is a matter of civil rights and social justice. Reducing the education debt burden for oral health professional students will allow them to serve in communities where they are needed most.
“As part of our mission to ensure each and every person has access to a smile that they love, SmileDirectClub is excited to once again partner with the NDA on a scholarship program to help underrepresented dental practitioners and underserved communities of color,” said John Sheldon, Chief Marketing Officer, SmileDirectClub. “We are proud to support the education and representation of the next generation of dental practitioners as they embark on our shared mission to close the access gap and create healthier smiles.”
The SDC-NDA Achievement Scholarship has lightened my financial burden which has allowed me to focus more on the most important aspect of Dental school, learning. This generosity has inspired me to help others and give back to my community.
Although minorities have made significant contributions to healthcare we are still faced with opposition. Scholarships such as those sponsored by Smile Direct Club and the National Dental Association help us break down these barriers so we can continue to climb the mountain of success.
- Financial need will be the primary criteria
- Merit: good standing with their institution as defined by the school. Must be enrolled when the scholarship will be distributed.
- Demonstrated community involvement with NDA or SNDA
- Two recommendation letters: one from financial officer and faculty/clinical director. (Stating that they have greater need than others.)
- D2, D3 and D4 students or post-graduate Public Health students. Only eligible to receive a onetime award.
- Complete the application form below
- 500-word personal statement including reason for choosing dentistry, participation in community service projects, career goals and aspirations
Notes and Reminders for Applicants:
- Awards will be mailed directly to your institution on your behalf
- There are two (2) Post Graduate Awards available
- Documents must be submitted in PDF or JPG format
- Deadline must be for submitted before the stated deadline.
The Application Period for 2022 is now closed.